Re: Module name == dir hierarchy seems to make devel awkward...

From: Rob Browning
Subject: Re: Module name == dir hierarchy seems to make devel awkward...
Date: 23 Mar 2001 11:12:12 -0600

Michael Livshin <address@hidden> writes:

> hey, nice wheel! ;)

Oh, I know.

> 2) the above wheel is nice, but not versatile enough.  what if you
> want to pin down a whole sub-hierarchy of modules?

Well, though I think something super-fancy might be useful
occasionally, I'd be plenty happy with something that was really
simple, easy to understand, and worked in 95% of the common cases...

I think that most of the time, the direct module name to path mapping
is fine since it tends to work OK when you're willing to do a "make
install" before testing.  The main case I was worried about was during
developement when you just want to be able to edit one file and try
it, and you don't want to have to have a deep empty structure *or*
mangle the file (to change its define-module statement) during the
install step.

FWIW