Re: Should (dynamic-link "./hello.lo") work these days?

From: Rob Browning
Subject: Re: Should (dynamic-link "./hello.lo") work these days?
Date: 21 Mar 2001 15:48:18 -0600

Rob Browning <address@hidden> writes:

> NOTE: all info here relates to guile 1.4.
>
> Now that I've gotten the basic ghobbit working (at least it seems to
> be working), I'm trying to get compile.scm (the wrapper) working.

OK, I figured it out (I think).  libtool will not generate a shared
library unless you specify an -rpath, and the current hobbit doesn't
know to do that.

Further, if you do specify an -rpath, hobbit doesn't know that the
resulting .so file will be in ./.libs, not in the top level directory.
dynamic-link (which relies on libtools libltdl) would be able to find
it if LD_LIBRARY_PATH has been set to include $(pwd)/.libs, but by
default, it doesn't.

Anyway, I'm going to scratch my head for a bit and see what I think
the right answer is for guile's hobbit.