Re: Guile using QuickThreads on IA64?

From: Rob Browning
Subject: Re: Guile using QuickThreads on IA64?
Date: 19 Mar 2001 13:25:21 -0600

Marius Vollmer <address@hidden> writes:

> I'm afraid we have no `big names' yet, but you might want to look here
> for a list of applications that use Guile:
>
>     http://www.glug.org/projects/list.html

Sorry to reply so late, but FWIW, as mentioned at the URL, GnuCash
(http://www.gnucash.org) does use Guile, but Guile's not just used to
add "secondary functionality" these days.  At this point, very large
portions of GnuCash are written in Guile now, including the main event
loop, and the (soon to be) primary UI infrastructure (via active HTML
reports) :>

So Guile and C are now "peer" languages as far as GnuCash's is
concerned, and there are a number of us who, would like to shift that
balance even more toward Guile if possible.

Hope this helps.