Re: scm_must_malloc() vs. malloc()

From: Rob Browning
Subject: Re: scm_must_malloc() vs. malloc()
Date: 19 Mar 2001 11:11:51 -0600

Dirk Herrmann <address@hidden> writes:

> (Maybe we should also try to find better names for scm_must_malloc
> and friends.  The current names don't express very clearly what they
> are to be used for :-)

Hmm.  Also, I thought I'd seen docs that more suggested that you
should use scm_must_malloc whenever you *really* needed memory, and if
you didn't get it the app was hosed.  I don't recall seeing the added
caveat above that it should only be used for memory that the caller's
not going to free.  But I may be mistaken.  In any case, if I come
across those docs again, I'll update them.