Missing core functions

From: Martin Grabmueller
Subject: Missing core functions
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2001 10:30:32 +0100 (MET)

Hello list,

I think the following procedures should be implemented in Guile:

chroot
flock
getlogin
getpriority
glob
ioctl
setpgrp
setpriority
wait

(I stumbled over them while going through the Camel Book).

I don't know if they were intentionally left out, because they are not
posix.  Please tell me if that was the reason, or if they should not
be included because they are not portable enough, or if they are
consisdered code bloat.

Otherwise, I would like to implement them.

Additionally, I would like to see the following procedures:

crypt
getpass
fnmatch

The crypt procedure would require linking to libcrypt (under GNU/Linux
at least, I will check Solaris this afternoon), which might be
undesireable.

Regards,
  'martin