Re: Using Guile as a runtime engine?

From: Marius Vollmer
Subject: Re: Using Guile as a runtime engine?
Date: 26 Feb 2001 10:09:58 +0100

Emiliano <address@hidden> writes:

> Marius Vollmer wrote:
>
> > IF this is the case, fear not, as Guile has good support for the
> > procedural style of programming.
>
> Where can I find more information on that?

The procedural features of Guile are that of Scheme.  Although Scheme
allows a functional style of programming, it doesn't require it.  I
really should have said that Scheme has good support for procedural
programming.

In addition, Guile also has an advanced object system, modeled on
CLOS.

The site

    http://www.schemers.org/

has material for learning more about Scheme.

> Call/cc?

`call-with-current-continuation', a nice, mind-boggling feature of
Scheme.  It should also be explained at the schemers.org site.

If you have further questions about the use of Guile, please use the
mailing list <address@hidden>.