Re: guile/guile-core/libguile eval.c

From: Mikael Djurfeldt
Subject: Re: guile/guile-core/libguile eval.c
Date: 23 Feb 2001 17:06:05 +0100

Mikael Djurfeldt <address@hidden> writes:

> One way of removing this kind of overhead from the critical path is to
> handle it in the expansion of the `begin' macro.

Oops, just realized that this isn't specific to "begin".

However, maybe some modified version of the idea could be used...

The main point is that it's kind of silly to have to do this kind of
tests in the inner loop of the evaluator.

We could have an alternative loop for top-level bodies and have the
macro expansion facilities (expand body?) insert suitable code to
invoke it (maybe a new top-level begin macro?).