Re: Scheme file docstring format

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Scheme file docstring format
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 13:55:12 -0600

On 22-Feb-2001, Keisuke Nishida <address@hidden> wrote:

| At 16 Feb 2001 18:45:37 +0000,
| Neil Jerram wrote:
| >
| > OK, I'd like to propose a format for Scheme file docstrings, and also
| > the rule for how the snarfer finds these docstrings.
|
| I'd like to propose to add sectioning meta info in addition to
| docstrings.  For example, the following is part of my VM code:

Are we reinventing literate programming for guile?  If that is what
you want, why not go all out and adapt a system like CWEB for the
task (or at least provide all the functionality of such a system)?
I'm no CWEB expert (or even really a fan of literate programming) and
I'm not sure how hard it would be to do what I'm suggesting, but it
might have all the features you could want (and more).  At least it
would be worth considering before we reinvent it.

jwe