Re: packaging guile: libqthreads and libguilereadline versions.

From: Marius Vollmer
Subject: Re: packaging guile: libqthreads and libguilereadline versions.
Date: 09 Feb 2001 03:00:10 +0100

Rob Browning <address@hidden> writes:

> If I do the expected thing, which is to edit (among other files)
> guile-readline/Makefile.am to include the shared lib versioning, and
> then issue an "automake --include-deps" to update the Makefile.in, I
> get a new Makefile.in which differs substantially from the upstream
> version.

You should pass the `--enable-maintainer-mode' option to configure.
That way, you will get the automatic Makefile regeneration just by
running "make".

How these things really work is not crytal clear to me either.
Running ./autogen.sh (from the Guile CVS) in an extracted tarball
might also be helpful, as a bigger hammer.

I did not analyse the rest of your mail in detail, so if the
suggestions above don't help, please ask again.