Re: binary loadable files

From: Chris Cramer
Subject: Re: binary loadable files
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 03:23:01 -0600

On Tue, Jan 30, 2001 at 06:53:12PM -0500, Keisuke Nishida wrote:
> But, right, some objects, like primitive procedures, cannot be
> easily stored.  We should raise an error in this case.

Couldn't you make a non-primitive procedure that references the
primitive procedure? E.g. if you were to store car, instead store
(lambda (x) (car x)).

This would still fail if you load a shared library, save a primitive
from that library, and then unload the library and try to load the
primitive -- but I don't think it would cause problems for most code.

--
C. Ray C. aka Christopher Cramer
address@hidden