Re: Module name mangling

From: Martin Grabmueller
Subject: Re: Module name mangling
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 23:29:04 +0100

> From: Marius Vollmer <address@hidden>
> Date: 30 Jan 2001 20:14:52 +0100
>
> Oops, `*' is a safe character according to URLs!
>
> Ok, we need to make some progress.  Since finding a list of safe or
> unsafe characters seems to be hard (harder than I thought), what about
> chickening out completely and not specifying a encoding at all.  We
> could just tell people to choose module names that make proper file
> names.

That is of course a solution, but requires renaming and-let*.scm,
which this whole thread is about, and nobody seemed to be willing to
do that when the problem first arised, IIRC.

Personally, I do not care much about the name of and-let*.scm, so if
you (as a maintainer) decide to go that route, the problem is solved
(and we make some progress ;)

But maybe there are others who object?

> I think there is a tool somewhere that can test a distribution whether
> all file names are portable to DOS.  We can use this ourselves and
> advice authors of Guile modules to use it as well.

http://www.gnu.org/software/doschk/doschk.html

'martin
--
Martin Grabmueller              address@hidden