Re: Module name mangling

From: Lars J. Aas
Subject: Re: Module name mangling
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 17:02:14 +0100

On Tue, Jan 30, 2001 at 04:27:03PM +0100, Martin Grabmueller wrote:
: RFC1738 specifies how URLs have to look like, and also specifies which
: characters are `unsafe' and `safe'.  For the full explanation, see for
: example
:
: http://andrew2.andrew.cmu.edu/rfc/rfc1738.html
:
: In short:
:
: Safe characters are:
:
: alphanumerics and $-_.+!*'(),

Yeah right.  The asterisk ^ is the character that got this discussion
started.

I also want to note that I'm not happy with the characters !, $, ', (,
and ) in filenames because of the extra hassle they cause with certain
shells in widespread use.

  Lars J
--
Innovation is one percent inspiration and ninetynine percent perspiration,
and in my case; twice that...  -- Norville Barnes, `The Hudsucker Proxy'