Re: Wrong error messages with string>? and friends

From: Dirk Herrmann
Subject: Re: Wrong error messages with string>? and friends
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 16:19:32 +0100 (MET)

On Wed, 24 Jan 2001, Martin Grabmueller wrote:

> Another solution would be to create static helper functions which do
> not do argument checking and call them from the primitives, which will
> validate the arguments before calling the helpers.

IMO, this would be the best solution.  In the long term (i. e. as soon as
we switch to the updated ISO C standard), these functions could be made
inline functions.

> I can make a patch implementing one of the two solutions outlined
> above if someone with write privs decides which is the best ;)

If there are no objections from the maintainers, I'd say go for the
solution described above and I will be happy to apply your patch.

Thanks a lot for your help with guile.
Dirk Herrmann