Re: Problems installing SLIB

From: Martin Grabmueller
Subject: Re: Problems installing SLIB
Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2001 09:46:04 +0100

> From: "Robert Rapplean" <address@hidden>
> Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2001 00:55:32 -0700
>
> I am attempting to install GNUCash, which requires both Guile and SLIB.
> Installing SLIB for Guile seems to need a configuration file, which
> needs to be created from a template.  I have no idea what a Scheme
> auxilliary file is, so I cannot create this file myself.  Could someone
> "in the know" post a correct guile.init for SLIB?

I don't use slib much, but it works fine for me with the (ice-9 slib)
module included with Guile.  All I have to do is set

GUILE_LOAD_PATH=/usr/share

because on my Potato box slib is installed there by default.

After that, I can do:

address@hidden (~): guile
guile> (use-modules (ice-9 slib))
guile> (require 'pretty-print)