Re: Offering help

From: Martin Grabmueller
Subject: Re: Offering help
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2001 12:19:55 +0100

> Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2000 18:01:34 -0800
> From: thi <address@hidden>
>
> no visible progress to report, unfortunately.  however, i've rethought
> the irc-style communication angle and am now leaning away from creating
> some half-baked protocol and instead towards using freenet...

Excuse my ignorance: But what is freenet? An IRC network?

> ok, i've just created a task list, roughly arranged in order of
> dependency, which i will maintain (converting "-" to "+" as things
> complete, and adding subtasks):
>
>   http://www.glug.org/gumm/TODO.txt

Hm, the list is very vague, maybe you can explain:

- define channel protocol and two channels: freenet and degenerate

What do you mean by `degenerate'?

- implement test harness

What is to be tested?  Communication?  Classification of modules?

- implement channels (can re-use test harness for clients)

What is to be done for that part?

> i reserve the first task for myself, but any other ones are open for
> grabbing (please discuss on this list first to prevent duplicated work).

Done ;)

'mgrabmue
--
Martin Grabmueller              address@hidden