Re: New module system

From: Jim Blandy
Subject: Re: New module system
Date: 19 Dec 2000 11:42:08 -0500

Mikael Djurfeldt <address@hidden> writes:
> Actually, one possibility is to use the unmemoization protocol: Just
> as we previously planned to unmemoize glocs and ilocs, we can
> "unexpand" macros...

What if the macro has expanded to a bunch of top-level definitions
which have been evaluated?

I think it's terribly important to maintain consistency --- that the
state of the system after you've done a series of arbitrary module
changes and reloads is the same as if you'd loaded the whole shebang
afresh.  Otherwise we're just planting time bombs.

The system we choose should have some simple and robust way of
guaranteeing the consistency of the system.