Re: libguile/goops.c

From: Lars J. Aas
Subject: Re: libguile/goops.c
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 12:23:19 +0100

On Mon, Dec 04, 2000 at 10:29:41PM +0200, Michael Livshin wrote:
: "Lars J. Aas" <address@hidden> writes:
: > I see that the keywords "class", "template", "new", "delete", "private" and
: > "mutable" are used as variable names in libguile/goops.c.  These are all
: > reserved keywords in C++, so compiling guile with a C++ compiler is at the
: > moment impossible...
:
: and what would be the point of doing it, anyway?

One can wonder.  My company actually bought an IRIX O2, and we thought a
compiler would be included.  It wasn't, so we had to buy a one.  We then
ordered the CC C++ compiler (we do most programming in C++ unfortunately),
and it came of course without the C mode - all sourcecode is compiled
in C++ mode.

We managed to get gcc compiled with the C++ compiler though, and since
there are no ABI issues with C the problem is solved.  It is an oddball
case, but I doubt it is completely unique.

  Lars J
--
Innovation is one percent inspiration and ninetynine percent perspiration,
and in my case; twice that...  -- Norville Barnes, `The Hudsucker Proxy'