FYI: w32 Guile (hardly alpha)

From: Lars J. Aas
Subject: FYI: w32 Guile (hardly alpha)
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 23:53:58 +0100

I've created a binary of Guile from CVS (with my modifications) for
Windows 32 and placed it at ftp://ftp.sim.no/pub/misc/w32guile-141a.zip
(900K).  The executable has hardly been tested, and my code modifications
haven't been sanity checked, so I consider this archive *very* alpha.
Anyways, I thought it could be of interest to others, so I decided to
let Christmas come early this year ;)

It was built with --disable-networking and --disable-posix, and with
prefix set to /tmp/guile.  GUILE_LOAD_PATH should be set to
/tmp/guile/share/guile/1.4.1:/tmp/guile/share/guile to work, at least
if you unpack the archive there.  I have done nothing to try to handle
`\' dirseparators and paths containing driveletters, so I don't know
how successful this executable will be on non-Cygwin systems.

Next up, in semi-chronological order:
1) clean up my modifications and add the necessary configure test
   for those parts
2) go for configure without --disable-networking.
3) add make rule to produce guile???.dll
4) guile-gtk with gtk for Windows...

Sounds good?

  Lars J