Re: restricting functions to only accept string parameters

From: Dirk Herrmann
Subject: Re: restricting functions to only accept string parameters
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2000 01:07:47 +0200 (MEST)

On 27 Oct 2000, Mikael Djurfeldt wrote:

> Dirk Herrmann <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > The changelog is below, I can, if approved, immediately commit the
> > changes.
>
> Approved.  :)

OK.

> I think it looks good.  However, I do feel uncertain about the
> substring changes since I haven't had time to read your proposal yet.
> But don't let that stop you.  :-)  We can always back things out if
> worst comes to worst.

Well, I had to realize that I still would have to learn a lot with regards
to threading problems.  Thus, I'm currently preparing an updated version
that will hopefully be more useful.  So, don't waste your time reading the
proposals, wait for the next upate :-)

However, the changes so far do not yet perform any changes to the string
implementation itself.  They just prepare guile to make such changes
easier to apply as soon as we have something useful.

Best regards
Dirk