Re: Unified name properties

From: Marius Vollmer
Subject: Re: Unified name properties
Date: 11 Oct 2000 00:06:37 +0200

Dirk Herrmann <address@hidden> writes:

> My suggestion is, that we allow for multiple names returned in a list, but
> that we also guarantee that the first name listed is somewhat 'basic'.

Hmm, I agree that we should plan for the possibility of finding all
the names of an object, but I would expect that the primary or basic
name of an object is quite cheap to keep track of, while finding all
names is signifacantly more expensive.  When we only have a way to
return all names, we allways need to find them all, even when the user
is only going to use the first one in the list.