Re: Guile's features

From: Dale P. Smith
Subject: Re: Guile's features
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 00:42:33 -0400

D-Man wrote:

> Is there any documentation, aside from R5RS, as to what features and functions
> guile provides?

You need to get the guile-doc module from cvs.  It is (finally!) being
updated. It might even document some things that are only in cvs guile
(v 1.4.1).  The r[45]rs documents are also in there in texinfo format.

The are (old) instructions at
http://www.gnu.org/software/guile/anon-cvs.html .  The cvs archive had
recently moved. I think you need to use address@hidden
instead of the cygnus address.

> Also, is it possible for guile to provide optional parameters to fuctions.  I
> mean like the '&optional' keyword in Common Lisp.  The current feature that I
> am
> aware of is using a '.' before the last parameter name.  This feature is
> equivalent to Common Lisp's '&rest' keyword.

Yes, guile uses '.' for &rest arguments.  I believe guile is r4rs
compliant with most features of r5rs.  I know that r5rs compliance is a
definite goal of the developers.

-Dale
--
Dale P. Smith