Re: Guile uses GNU MP

From: Dirk Herrmann
Subject: Re: Guile uses GNU MP
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 12:14:55 +0200 (MEST)

On 23 Sep 2000, Jim Blandy wrote:

> > > I have changed numbers.(c|h) so that it uses the GNU MP (GMP).  [...]
> >
> > While I have not looked at your code, I think the move to gmp is the right
> > decision for guile.  Thus, I'd like to say thank you very much for the
> > work that you have put into this.
>
> It's important to note, however, that GMP is strict GPL, not
> GPL-with-exception, like the rest of Guile.  If we make Guile

I think that was changed a long time ago.  Currently, the web page, which
is quite up to date, holds the following statement:

http://www.swox.com/gmp/:

  GMP is distributed under the GNU Lesser General Public License. For more
  information about the GNU project, please see the official GNU web site.

> GMP is way cool.  I really wish we could use it.  But just dropping it
> in immediately is not a good approach.

Agreed, but at least the license seems not to be an issue.

Best regards
Dirk