Re: Patches to run makeinfo on snarfed libguile docstrings

From: Dirk Herrmann
Subject: Re: Patches to run makeinfo on snarfed libguile docstrings
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 12:04:35 +0200 (MEST)

Hello Neil,

your diff output was truncated.  But, without having looked at the
patches I can say that I like the produced result very much.

However, this brings me to a question that I have always wondered about:
Currently, every comment line is terminated with `\n', which looks strange
in the code, and makes writing and maintaining of comments painful.  I
have never understood, why we were doing things this way, since a simple
automatic line wrapping would have been easy to implement.

If your solution is accepted, could we (please) get rid of all those `\n's
in comments, and only use `\n' (or maybe `\n\n' to be tex conforming) to
indicate a paragraph ending?

Best regards
Dirk