Re: VM: direct vs indirect threading

From: Karl M. Hegbloom
Subject: Re: VM: direct vs indirect threading
Date: 19 Sep 2000 09:49:19 -0700

    Karl> If you research the topic, spend more than about four hours
    Karl> on it, and can understand what they're talking about, you'll
    Karl> know more about it than I do at this point.  Try searching
    Karl> `citeseer' and `google' for "direct threading" and "JIT",
    Karl> and also the links in:

 I just ran a test search, and discovered it didn't turn up what I
 thought it would.  Try this link:

                  <URL:http://citeseer.nj.nec.com/>

 ... and search there for "direct and threaded", then "indirect and
 threaded"; also "just in time" might turn up something interesting, I
 guess.  There's a `by category' listing too.

 Citeseer is pretty neat.  I wish more of the stuff it turns up was
 published on the Internet were we can more easily get at it.  I've
 found a few things at the college library, but not all citations are
 that easy to get ahold of.  (I found one and discovered I lack the
 mathematical knowledge to be able to make sense of it yet.  Lambda
 Calculus is more involved than I had imagined.)