Re: gc issues

From: Michael Livshin
Subject: Re: gc issues
Date: 14 Sep 2000 12:42:50 +0300

Michael Livshin <address@hidden> writes:

> Dirk Herrmann <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Further, I don't think conservative scanning of free cells is
> > unclean.
>
> it doesn't look very problematic.

or maybe it does, after all.

when the hypothetical future kernel-threaded Guile is running on a
real multiprocessor machine, is it guaranteed that the tag in the cell
will be either the freecell tag or the target tag?  i.e. is there any
memory coherence guarantee?  I don't think so, but I don't know alot
about the subject.

--
A computer, to print out a fact,
Will divide, multiply, and subtract.