grub-devel

Re: [RFC] 64-bit boot protocol for Linux x86

From: Wei Zhang
Subject: Re: [RFC] 64-bit boot protocol for Linux x86
Date: Tue, 24 May 2022 23:56:12 +0800

I already have a working code, and I did three things:
1, Using xloadflags (linux boot protocol 2.12+) to determine whether
it's a 64-bit kernel.
2, Setting up an identity mapped page table for the 64-bit kernel.
3, Using grub_relocator64_boot instead of grub_relocator32_boot to boot.

The main concern here may be that the page table will take up 6 pages,
24KB, and I allocated the space right after the protected kernel. On
most systems 24KB is not an issue, but I'm not one hundred percent
sure.

Wei Zhang