grub-devel

Grub2 Password complexity and verification with the old password

From: address@hidden
Subject: Grub2 Password complexity and verification with the old password
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2021 22:11:59 +0800

Hi,
Currently, when changing the GRUB2 password, the old password is not verified and the password complexity is not checked. As a result, the GRUB2 password may be cracked by brute force. Does the community have any development plans for this? Recently I have been trying to develop code to verify the complexity of the new password and to verify the old password of user.cfg when changing the password. I hope to present it to the community.

thanks

bit_coffee@163.com