grub-devel

Re: About the code style requirement

From: Daniel Axtens
Subject: Re: About the code style requirement
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2021 16:10:04 +1000

Qu Wenruo via Grub-devel <grub-devel@gnu.org> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I'm recently considering to cross-port btrfs-progs/U-boot btrfs code to
> GRUB, so that we can have more unified code base, with more features
> (and of-course bug fixes)
>
> But the first blockage I'm hitting is the code style.
>
> It looks like GRUB is using its own code style which is not found in
> kernel/btrfs-progs/U-boot.
>
> But I didn't find where the code style doc is, so is it a hard
> requirement to follow the existing style even we're cross-porting most
> code unmodified from other projects?

It's largely based on the GNU coding style. The `indent` program can do
most of the work for you.

Certain parts of grub that are imported more-or-less unmodified do
follow their own style, e.g. grub-core/lib/json/jsmn.h

I'm not a maintainer so I can't tell you how hard the style requirement
is.

Kind regards,
Daniel