grub-devel

Re: Resurrecting the UEFI Watchdog

From: Paul Menzel
Subject: Re: Resurrecting the UEFI Watchdog
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2021 10:52:49 +0200

Dear Erwan,

Am 27.08.21 um 17:23 schrieb Erwan Velu:

I'd like to share again a patch that got posted a long while ago here and
never seen to get attention on it:
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/grub-devel/2015-09/msg00065.html

I found this patch useful as it allows my servers to reboot automatically
if grub is unable to boots within a defined time. Yes, some of my servers
don't have the hardware bios watchdog.

I can share here the patch is working fine on the infra I'm working on,
using it for 8 months in production. 50K servers are using it with success.

I get the patch downstream but think it would have its place upstream too.

If anyone wants to get a look at it, I'd be happy to help.

Please repost it to the mailing list with the maintainers in Cc.

Kind regards,

Paul