grub-devel

RE: Device tree support for x86 on Linux

From: Mislav Stublić
Subject: RE: Device tree support for x86 on Linux
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2021 13:18:21 +0000

Hi Daniel,

Sorry, sent an unfinished mail by mistake.

Regarding reusing existing code, there is grub-core/loader/efi/fdt.c
which is mentioned in git log as not really platform specific (although
it was part of arm64, and does follow EBBR to a degree), but i'm not
sure if i can really use this for x86. grub-core/loader/efi/ftd.c uses
grub_efi_allocate_pages_real which, if i understand correctly, calls
UEFI to allocate memory in EfiACPIReclaimMemory. Not sure if this would
work for x86 (regarding ACPI and its handling in Linux) and also it
doesn't use grub_relocator_alloc_chunk_align as you mention.

Br,
Mislav