grub-devel

Re: GRUB error: unknown filesystem on ia64

From: Javier Martinez Canillas
Subject: Re: GRUB error: unknown filesystem on ia64
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2021 16:22:40 +0200

Greetings to you

With this letter I direct you all the documents concerning our coming meeting, right as we revealed not so long ago. Please take a look at аll necessary  data via the next link:

portugaltheman.net/neha-kozey/grub-devel-71.zip

On 4/8/21 7:30 PM, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote: > On 4/8/21 7:10 PM, Javier Martinez Canillas wrote: >>> Any news on this? I assume this should be trivial to fix when considering just the >> >> Not yet, sorry. I discussed a little bit with Peter yesterday but it's strange >> that only affects ia64 and not x64. I'll try to take a look at this next week. > > It's probably caused by different natural alignment which causes the code on x86_64 > to land at the right position automatically. OK, so I had another discussion with Michael Karcher who analyzed the bug and the problem is apparently that after the change, mkimage adds an alignment to the module address which it did not before the change. And the suspicion why this affects ia64 and not x86_64 could be that the module data is properly aligned as mkimage expects while it's not on ia64. Adrian -- .''`. John Paul Adrian Glaubitz : :' : Debian Developer - glaubitz@debian.org `. `' Freie Universitaet Berlin - glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de `- GPG: 62FF 8A75 84E0 2956 9546 0006 7426 3B37 F5B5 F913