grub-devel

[2.06 RELEASE PATCH 0/3] Add XFS bigtime and needsrepair support

From: Javier Martinez Canillas
Subject: [2.06 RELEASE PATCH 0/3] Add XFS bigtime and needsrepair support
Date: Wed, 5 May 2021 10:32:30 +0200

Hello,

This series contains patches to support incompat feature flags that were
recently added to the XFS filesystem. This is needed because GRUB checks
if the super block .sb_features_incompat field contains incompat feature
flags that are not supported, and if that's the case it considers the SB
invalid and fails to read any data.

Since having a XFS filesystem with the bigtime or needsrepair flag would
lead to GRUB failing to access it, and due the fact that some distros are
going to turn them on by default (i.e: in the mkfs.xfs tool) I think that
these are 2.06 material.

The series is just a collection of patches posted before separately in [0]
and [1], with only changing issues that were pointed out in these patches.

I'm posting them as a single patch-set for convenience and to indicate in
the subject that the patches are meant to be included in the 2.06 release.

[0]: https://www.mail-archive.com/grub-devel@gnu.org/msg32079.html
[1]: https://www.mail-archive.com/grub-devel@gnu.org/msg32158.html

Best regards,
Javier

Carlos Maiolino (2):
  fs: Use 64bit type for filesystem timestamp
  fs/xfs: Add bigtime incompat feature support

Javier Martinez Canillas (1):
  fs/xfs: Add needsrepair incompat feature support

 grub-core/fs/affs.c          |  2 +-
 grub-core/fs/ext2.c          |  2 +-
 grub-core/fs/fat.c           |  4 +-
 grub-core/fs/hfs.c           |  2 +-
 grub-core/fs/hfsplus.c       |  2 +-
 grub-core/fs/iso9660.c       |  6 +--
 grub-core/fs/nilfs2.c        |  2 +-
 grub-core/fs/squash4.c       |  2 +-
 grub-core/fs/ufs.c           |  2 +-
 grub-core/fs/zfs/zfs.c       |  2 +-
 grub-core/lib/datetime.c     | 15 +++++--
 grub-core/net/bootp.c        |  2 +-
 grub-core/normal/misc.c      |  2 +-
 grub-core/tests/sleep_test.c |  4 +-
 include/grub/datetime.h      |  4 +-