grub-devel

RE: Dell BIOS issue reading Disk Extended data

From: K, Narendra
Subject: RE: Dell BIOS issue reading Disk Extended data
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2021 17:43:16 +0000

Internal Use - Confidential

Hi Guilherme,

Sorry for the delay in responding.

I checked with the team about the findings shared in this thread. Please find
the details -

The behavior seems to be working as designed. Legacy BIOS Option ROM implements
logical block addressing support only up to 2TB.
The option ROM will respond with 2TB as the size when queried by INT13h
function 48h. For booting from volumes > 2TB, UEFI is needed.

With regards,
Narendra K