grub-devel

Re: i386/biosdisk - int 13h/service 48h response buffer issue?

From: Vladimir 'phcoder' Serbinenko
Subject: Re: i386/biosdisk - int 13h/service 48h response buffer issue?
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2021 19:02:27 +0100

Please try to print/save arguments and results as close to the calling site as reasonable. Maybe Linux passes some other argument differently

Le ven. 12 mars 2021 à 19:00, Vladimir 'phcoder' Serbinenko <phcoder@gmail.com> a écrit :
Most likely the issue is the BIOS giving wrong values. It's interesting that you get different values from Linux BIOS info but my guess is that Linux corrects wrong BIOS data by comparing with data reported by native driver. This being said If like to be proven wrong. I would modify Linux to save and/or print raw data or gets from BIOS to check this hypothesis