grub-devel

Re: RFC: Grub project management

From: James Bottomley
Subject: Re: RFC: Grub project management
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2021 19:41:37 -0800

On Thu, 2021-02-11 at 23:50 -0500, Eli Schwartz wrote:
[...]
> It would probably make more sense to use a patchwork configured to
> run CI on incoming patches, and maybe even respond to the mailing
> list with status reports.
>
> e.g.
>
> https://lists.sr.ht/~sircmpwn/sr.ht-dev/patches/20108
>
> (Using a patchwork also prevents patches from disappearing!)

QEMU uses patchew:

https://github.com/patchew-project/patchew

It collects the patch set, merges into current and runs CI testing.  It
can be set up to email the test results as a reply, so it saves a lot
of review time.  It's got quite a nice mailing list interface.  You can
see what it shows with one of my QEMU patch sets:

https://patchew.org/QEMU/20210204193939.16617-1-jejb@linux.ibm.com/

You see the test results and also a diff of what changed from v2 of the
submit.

It seems to work with external mailing lists and any external git repo.
It's not perfect, but it seems to work for a variety of projects as you
can see by www.patchew.org

James