grub-devel

Re: Collecting GRUB 2.06 test results

From: Glenn Washburn
Subject: Re: Collecting GRUB 2.06 test results
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2021 13:21:59 -0600

Hi John,

On Sat, 16 Jan 2021 19:26:26 +0100
John Paul Adrian Glaubitz <glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de> wrote:

> Hello!
>
> On 1/4/21 4:24 PM, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
> > I have started to collect test results for GRUB 2.06 here:
> >
> >> https://people.debian.org/~glaubitz/grub2.06-test-results/
>
> Just as a heads-up: I have collected test results for all
> architectures supported by GRUB. I have also verified GRUB works
> correctly on sparc64, I might perform full tests on other
> architectures later.

Thanks for this these tests. Are you running these tests on the
same architecture that you're testing? Or, for instance, running the
tests for all architectures on say x86_64?

I'd like to note that it appears that these tests do not perform most
of the various filesystem tests.

Also, I believe mips arch is not being tested here. And it appears that
none of the qemu tests for mipsle are being run due to not having qemu
for that arch installed.

None of the qemu tests are being run for most of the architectures (I
also haven't figured out how to get them to run on most architectures).
But I have gotten the qemu tests to run for arm and arm64, which they
are not running in your tests. What is especially odd, is that for
armhf grub-shell is looking for 'qemu-system-i386' and not finding it.
But it should be looking for the arm qemu variant.

For completeness, The risc architecture is not being tested either. Yes,
I know most tests fail because of a bug. Are we considering it an
unsupported platform because its unusable, even though it can be built?

Where is the list of architectures "supported" by GRUB? Or is it all
the ones allowed to be built by master?

Glenn