grub-devel

Re: v7 for detached headers and key files

From: Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli
Subject: Re: v7 for detached headers and key files
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2020 01:27:35 +0100

On Wed, 16 Dec 2020 12:35:13 -0600
Glenn Washburn <development@efficientek.com> wrote:
> Great, thanks for the update. Since Grub is currently in a feature
> freeze until the release, this won't get accepted until after.
At least, it makes it easier for someone else to pickup the patch set,
rebase it and push it if for a reason or another I don't find the time
anymore to do it.

> Also, when updating a patch series, its nice to use the
> "--cover-letter" and "--range-diff" options to git format-patch to
> show quickly what has changed since the last patch series version.
Oh nice, thanks a lot!

I didn't know "--cover-letter" for git-format-patch and I never heard
of --range-diff.

I was using meld and a very manual process for that that was also error
prone as you can't store individual patch files in git (the ChangeLog
is lost in that case).

I'll try to remember to check that out next time I send a new revision
of a patchset.

Denis.