grub-devel

Re: v7 for detached headers and key files

From: Glenn Washburn
Subject: Re: v7 for detached headers and key files
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2020 12:35:13 -0600

On Thu, 10 Dec 2020 10:14:53 +0100
Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli <GNUtoo@cyberdimension.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've addressed the issues found in the last round.
>
> Like the last time I also tested it on real hardware.
>
> I'm also sorry for the delay.

Great, thanks for the update. Since Grub is currently in a feature
freeze until the release, this won't get accepted until after. It'll
probably be less work for you to wait until after the release, then
rebase and fix any issues that might have arisen from now til then.
Though, at this point, probably not much will need to change in a
rebase.  Regardlesss, I doubt anyone will even look at them until then.
This is a feature that I really want in Grub because my testing patches
rely on this infrastructure, so I don't want it to get forgotten about
either.

Also, when updating a patch series, its nice to use the "--cover-letter"
and "--range-diff" options to git format-patch to show quickly what has
changed since the last patch series version.

Glenn