grub-devel

Re: Mips-arc tests ever work?

From: Vladimir 'phcoder' Serbinenko
Subject: Re: Mips-arc tests ever work?
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2020 10:46:45 +0100

I have added -M indy in my own branch but never released it

сб, 5 дек. 2020 г., 13:34 Glenn Washburn <development@efficientek.com>:
Hi,

I'm looking into getting grub qemu testing working for the "mis-arc"
target. Is anyone running these tests successfully?  In grub-shell that
target passed the -M indy arguments to qemu.  qemu-system-mips64 is
saying that that is an invalid machine type.  The available machine
types are magnum, malta, mips, mipssim, none, and pica61.  The indy
machine type appears to not be available since at least qemu 2.5,
perhaps it was dropped some time ago?  According to wikipedia the SGI
Indy originally used R4k processors.  So would machine type mips be the
one to use since its description says "mips r4k platform"?  But then
why wouldn't it already use that machine type like the target
"mips-qemu_mips"?

So can anyone familiar with this tell me an appropriate machine type of
the above listed to use instead of indy?  Perhaps Vladimir who
committed that code can chime in?

Thanks,
Glenn