grub-devel

Re: GRUB 2.06 release

From: Daniel Kiper
Subject: Re: GRUB 2.06 release
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2020 19:46:43 +0200

On Fri, May 29, 2020 at 02:07:29PM +0200, Daniel Kiper wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 22, 2020 at 12:24:40PM +0200, Daniel Kiper wrote:

> > > Freeze in force! No new features are accepted at this point!
> > >
> > > I will be reviewing all patches posted before the end of Sunday. All of
> > > them will be considered for inclusion in the release. Additionally, all
> > > features under active development and discussed on grub-devel still can
> > > be considered for inclusion. However, if there is a substantial danger
> > > of destabilizing the code or delaying the release I may reject any patch
> > > at any point.
> > >
> > > I am especially interested in fixes and cleanups at this point...
> > >
> > > I am going to cut an RC in 2-4 weeks.
> >
> > Bad news is that we have delays... :-( Good news is that everything is going
> > forward... :-) I merged next portion of patches yesterday. I am working
> > on some fixes for issues which I found. I am also trying to work out
> > the best solution for other bugs which are lingering here and there. So,
> > please be patient... However, if you have any questions or suggestions
> > just drop me a line...
>
> Unfortunately there are still delays due to some unexpected things
> happening... Though I am still ploughing through backlog. I have
> recently posted a few fixes and cleanups required for rc1. Sadly there
> are still a few issues which have to be fixed. I am working on them. So,
> I hope that in the following weeks we will be able to cut rc1...
>
> If you are waiting for my review please bear with me. I will get back to
> you as soon as I can. Though I am mostly looking at important fixes in
> first order right now.

I think this link [1] will explain my long absence... Sorry about that.

I am going to go back to GRUB work next week. I will triage all the patches
and take all (obvious) fixes. Then I will release rc1 ASAP... All new features
will be taken after 2.06 release.

Daniel

[1] https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/grub-devel/2020-07/msg00034.html