grub-devel

Network stack status & bugs?

From: Faidon Liambotis
Subject: Network stack status & bugs?
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2020 12:51:29 +0300

Hi all,

Around a year ago, in my attempts to use GRUB for PXE, I ran into quite
a few bugs with GRUB's TCP, DNS and HTTP stack that prevented me from
using GRUB for that purpose.

I tried my best to troubleshoot them and provide ways to reproduce them.
I posted my findings in Savannah:
  - https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?56391 TCP FSM bug(s)
  - https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?56390 Non-dual-stack aware DNS
  - https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?49531 HTTP Connection: close

I haven't seen any activity in these for over a year, but that does not
seem to be unusual for bugs reported to Savannah in general(?).

However, from what I can tell, this mailing list seems to be getting a
lot of activity and lots of progress being made (including recent e.g.
the recent UEFI IPv6 improvements, yay!). So, I'm giving this a go
instead in the hopes to surface those to the attention of more
knowledgeable folks :)

Thanks!
Faidon