grub-devel

Re: Native NVMe driver

From: Paul Menzel
Subject: Re: Native NVMe driver
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2020 11:06:03 +0200

Dear Christian,

Am 31.03.20 um 00:40 schrieb Christian E. Jørgensen:
Am I correct in assuming that GRUB relies on something like a BIOS for
support of NVMe devices? I'm running coreboot with GRUB as the payload
(on amd64 hardware) and GRUB does not seem to detect my NVMe device.

If I use SeaBIOS instead of GRUB as the coreboot payload, then SeaBIOS
detects the NVMe device without issue.

Yes, you are correct. Besides example implementations in SeaBIOS and Linux, there is also one for libpayload [1]. It’d be awesome if you gave it a shot to implement one.

Kind regards,

Paul

[1]: https://review.coreboot.org/c/coreboot/+/33582