grub-devel

Re: SSH into GRUB2

From: Manfred Haertel
Subject: Re: SSH into GRUB2
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2019 05:56:33 +0100

DebBug schrieb:

Is there any support for or are there any intentions to support SSHing into GRUB2?

I realize this would require a network stack to be integrated. Is this feasible with reasonable effort? Would it be accepted at all?

grub2 already contains a complete and working TCP/IP stack. The only thing which may be missing is a card driver for the environment it is running on.

I once wrote a card driver for the Xen virtual network card and a Telnet implementation, just to educate myself. It is not perfect (nor secure), but it works. So it should not be impossible to implement ssh support.

--
Manfred Härtel, DB3HM    mailto:address@hidden
                         http://rz-home.de/mhaertel