grub-devel

Re: Can the grub2.02 improve the limit of initrd size in 64-bit system?

From: Vladimir 'phcoder' Serbinenko
Subject: Re: Can the grub2.02 improve the limit of initrd size in 64-bit system?
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2019 11:19:19 +0200

пт, 2 авг. 2019 г., 08:45 Zhang <address@hidden>:

Yes,I want to an initrd  as big as possible on  the service where ram size is large. Maybe the initrd can include files > 1GB.

I am sorry that I have a mistake.The right is as follows:
x86_64:
It seems good for initrd size between 0x37feffff-0x7fffffff(2GB).But the grub
seems it is against that.

This is still not a usecase. You can't ask people to invest resources into implementing something without having at least a usecase.