grub-devel

Re: Grub-devel Digest, Vol 185, Issue 15

From: John Paul Adrian Glaubitz
Subject: Re: Grub-devel Digest, Vol 185, Issue 15
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2019 09:59:36 +0200

On 7/19/19 9:52 AM, Artyom Pozharov wrote:
> Am I impolite?

Yes. You are phrasing your mails rather harsh, this shouldn't be necessary.

We're all volunteers here, so it should to be up to everyone to decide what
they work on and what not. We're also not sitting at the computer all the
time.

> I don't understand from your words it's my problem or kernel panic?

Your screenshot which I linked shows a kernel panic/OOPS in the details window.

> I don't have any problems with GNU/Linux with BIOS-compability session.

That doesn't mean there isn't a bug in the kernel. When run in EFI mode, the
whole system is booted in a different mode, it's not just the bootloader

> So it's problem with GRUB, because installation will go normally, while GRUB
> is not installed.
That doesn't automatically mean it's a GRUB problem. The GRUB installation
failure may just be a result of the kernel panic/OOPS that's happening in
the background while running grub-install.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz
: :' :  Debian Developer - address@hidden