grub-devel

Re: GRUB failed to install on Fujitsu M10-4

From: Sonnie Hook
Subject: Re: GRUB failed to install on Fujitsu M10-4
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2019 08:56:01 +0800

Model: LSI Logical Volume (scsi)
Disk /dev/sda: 599GB
Sector size (logical/physical): 512B/4096B
Partition Table: gpt
Disk Flags:

Number  Start   End     Size    File system     Name  Flags
 1      1049kB  10.5MB  9437kB                        bios_grub
 2      10.5MB  533GB   533GB   ext4
 3      533GB   599GB   66.4GB  linux-swap(v1)

Now I re-installed from cdrom. When installing GRUB on disk, I got this message:
It seems that this computer is configured to boot via EFI, but maybe that configuration will not work for booting from the hard drive. Some EFI firmware implementations do not meet the EFI specification ... blabla

I chose "No" and finished the installation.

When booting from disk(the path from ` grub-ofpathname /dev/sda2`), I got "Can't open boot device".

Eric Snowberg <address@hidden> 于2019年6月4日周二 上午12:36写道:

> On Jun 3, 2019, at 7:37 AM, Sonnie Hook <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> When installing Debian SPARC 10.0(2019-05-24) on Fujitsu M10-4, everything seemed OK except that the GRUB installation reported an EFI warning. I forced to install GRUB on /dev/sda, finally the installation finished without any error...but failed to boot with "Can't open boot device".
>
> Then I re-installed the whole OS and before rebooting, I executed a shell and tried to find the real OBP boot path.
> # chroot /target grub-ofpathname /dev/sda
> grub-ofpathname: error: failed to get canonical path of `/sys/block/sda'.
>
> It seemed that there was something wrong with GRUB installation , so I manually executed:
> # chroot /target grub-install  --force-extra-removable --force "/dev/sda”

To debug this, I would recommend removing the —-force above.  Adding this option causes all errors to be ignored.

> Installing for sparc64-ieee1275 platform.
> /proc/devices: fopen failed: No such file or directory
> Unknown device "/dev/sda2": No such device
> Unknown device "/dev/sda1": No such device
> Unknown device "/dev/sda1": No such device
> Unknown device "/dev/sda2": No such device
> Unknown device "/dev/sda1": No such device
> Unknown device "/dev/sda2": No such device
> Unknown device "/dev/sda3": No such device
> Unknown device "/dev/sda2": No such device
> /proc/devices: fopen failed: No such file or directory
> Unknown device "/dev/sda2": No such device
> /proc/devices: fopen failed: No such file or directory
> Unknown device "/dev/sda2": No such device
> /proc/devices: fopen failed: No such file or directory
> Unknown device "/dev/sda2": No such device
> Installation finished. No error reported.

as can be seen above.

What does your partition table look like? (parted /dev/sda print)