grub-devel

GRUB failed to install on Fujitsu M10-4

From: Sonnie Hook
Subject: GRUB failed to install on Fujitsu M10-4
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2019 21:37:42 +0800

When installing Debian SPARC 10.0(2019-05-24) on Fujitsu M10-4, everything seemed OK except that the GRUB installation reported an EFI warning. I forced to install GRUB on /dev/sda, finally the installation finished without any error...but failed to boot with "Can't open boot device".

Then I re-installed the whole OS and before rebooting, I executed a shell and tried to find the real OBP boot path.
# chroot /target grub-ofpathname /dev/sda
grub-ofpathname: error: failed to get canonical path of `/sys/block/sda'.

It seemed that there was something wrong with GRUB installation , so I manually executed:
# chroot /target grub-install  --force-extra-removable --force "/dev/sda"
Installing for sparc64-ieee1275 platform.
/proc/devices: fopen failed: No such file or directory
Unknown device "/dev/sda2": No such device
Unknown device "/dev/sda1": No such device
Unknown device "/dev/sda1": No such device
Unknown device "/dev/sda2": No such device
Unknown device "/dev/sda1": No such device
Unknown device "/dev/sda2": No such device
Unknown device "/dev/sda3": No such device
Unknown device "/dev/sda2": No such device
/proc/devices: fopen failed: No such file or directory
Unknown device "/dev/sda2": No such device
/proc/devices: fopen failed: No such file or directory
Unknown device "/dev/sda2": No such device
/proc/devices: fopen failed: No such file or directory
Unknown device "/dev/sda2": No such device
Installation finished. No error reported.

I have spent several days on the installation. Please help me!