grub-devel

BUG | grub-2.02~rc2-for-windows | grub-install.exe | File system `fat' d

From: Vaidas BoQsc
Subject: BUG | grub-2.02~rc2-for-windows | grub-install.exe | File system `fat' doesn't support embedding
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2018 18:29:15 +0300

I haven't used mailing lists before and I have problem with installing grub2 from Windows operating system.

I have an USB3 16GB drive where I want Grub2 to be installed.
But I constantly get these warnnings and errors:

grub-install.exe  --boot-directory="F:\." --target="i386-pc" "\\?\F:"
Installing for i386-pc platform.
grub-install.exe: warning: File system `fat' doesn't support embedding.
grub-install.exe: warning: Embedding is not possible.  GRUB can only be installed in this setup by using blocklists.  However, blocklists are UNRELIABLE and their use is discouraged..
grub-install.exe: error: will not proceed with blocklists.

Is there something I have to do before installing Grub2 into my USB3 flash drive? Please advise.

The operating system is: Windows 10 Home