grub-devel

Re: Multiboot ELF segment handling patch

From: Alexander Boettcher
Subject: Re: Multiboot ELF segment handling patch
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2018 00:07:29 +0200

Hello,

On 06.04.2018 14:28, Daniel Kiper wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 29, 2018 at 11:20:37AM +0200, Alexander Boettcher wrote:
>
>> Can you please have a look and check regarding what should/could be
>> changed to get it upstream? We did not test the dynamic relocation part,
>
> Sure thing, please take a look below...
>
>> since we have no such (kernel) setup. Thanks in advance.
>
> You can use Xen (git://xenbits.xen.org/xen.git) for tests.
> Just compile hypervisor without any tools and use xen.gz.
> It produces nice output and you can see it is relocated or not.
> Of course you have to use Multiboot2 protocol.

Thanks, I managed to setup it. Based on your comments and on the Xen
test case I had to re-work the patch, so that it now works for
relocation and non-relocation kernels.

Please review again.
> However, this does not mean that I will not take this patch. Though
> it requires some tweaking.
>
> First of all, lack of SOB.

What is a SOB ?

Cheers,

--
Alexander Boettcher
Genode Labs

http://www.genode-labs.com - http://www.genode.org

Genode Labs GmbH - Amtsgericht Dresden - HRB 28424 - Sitz Dresden