grub-devel

Decrypt AES(rijndael) file

From: Rafael Machado
Subject: Decrypt AES(rijndael) file
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2017 18:35:45 +0000

Hi everyone

I need to find a way to decrypt a file at grub, and this file is encrypted as AES256 (rijndael).

As far as I could check at grub source code, there is a lib (lib/libgcrypt-grub/cipher/rijndael.c), that implements this algorithm, for encryption and decryption.

Is there any existing command that I could do this decryption? (I tried but didn't find anything like this. Just partitions decryption seems to be supported, not files decryption.)

I was able to compile grub and insmod the gcry_rijndael.mod, but was not able to do anything with this mod (command). Is there any dependence this mod need to have installed to make something?

Thanks and Regards
Rafael Machado